Don't Just Change Your Diet. Change Your Life!
Work with a team of experts in a comprehensive, medically proven approach to weight loss.
Tailored For Your Age
As you age, the way you gain and lose weight changes. That’s why MDPrevent offers four different Lifestyle Education And Nutrition or LEAN® Weight Loss Program – one for adolescents between the ages of 13 and 18; one for the entire family; one for adults up to age 65; and one for seniors 65 years and older that may be covered by Medicare.
So what are you weighting for? Call us today at (561) 807-2561 to start your LEAN® Weight Loss Program.
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result." – Albert Einstein
Have you experienced that with diets? MDPrevent offers a comprehensive and integrated, medically supervised, personalized weight loss program without pills, injections, or surgery – a better, scientifically proven way to lose unwanted weight, improve your health, look better, and improve your quality of life.
- Do you need and want to lose weight and keep it off for life?
- Has someone you are close to or your physician expressed concern about your weight?
- Do you miss the active, strong and healthier person you used to be?
- Are you done with fad diets and counting points and are ready to learn once and for all what it takes to maintain a healthy weight?
- Do you think that losing weight with the support of others is what you need to succeed?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may be a good candidate for our LEAN Weight Loss program.
The BENEFITS you can anticipate from participating in this program will include:
- Escaping the willpower trap by realizing how willpower alone will not help you achieve sustainable healthy weight loss and lifestyle changes.
- Understanding the four essential components of being fit and designing a personal fitness program that is both realistic for you and fits your schedule.
- Discovering the principles of mindful eating and how you can use mindfulness as a weigh-less and eat healthier tool.
- Deciphering food labels, identifying the nutritional composition of food, and using that knowledge to make informed decisions about which foods may be optimal for your weight and health.
- Learning practical skills for meal planning and food shopping to create meals that are healthy and nutritious. Recipes included.
- Discovering your emotional relationship to food–how you use food for purposes other than personal nutrition—and learning to separate the two.
- Learning how to best relieve your stress and tension by using various effective coping strategies and skills.
- Practicing effective communication skills to talk about your new healthy lifestyle so others want to support you–and maybe even join you.
- Harnessing the power of positive intent.
Tell Me More…
Here’s how the comprehensive approach to weight loss and improved health and well-beingt works:
You are entitled to the following:
- Initial and at completion medical assessment with blood tests (MD/NP) to identify underlying medical issues and nutritional deficiencies that may affect your weight.
- 12 weekly one hour sessions with a clinical health psychologist (PhD)to develop effective coping skills.
- 6 weekly one hour sessions with a nutritionist/registered dietitian (MS, RD, CDE)for nutritional consultations, and personalized meal planning and food shopping.
- 12 weekly one hour lifestyle educational sessions with a health coach (MA).
- 24 (twice weekly for 12 weeks) personal fitness and yoga training (MA) to develop a fitness program that fits your schedule
- Weekly support group meetings (optional)
- MDPrevent's own moisture absorbing athletic/work-out shirt, pedometer, yoga mat, and umbrella (for rainy days).
If you need more information, keep reading. Otherwise, what are you weighting for? Call us today at (561) 807-2561 to start your LEAN® Weight Loss Program or fill out the form below.
Dieting, as most Americans practice it, is a mistake. Focusing on short-term weight loss is a recipe for long-term failure. It doesn't work and if you have dieted before, you know it. LEAN is not a diet plan; rather, it is an intergrated personalized health monitored approach to lifestyle adjustments to improve your health, avoid the epidemic of chronic diseases, and help you shed unhealthy fat. Yes fat, because you don't want to drop weight due to loss of needed muscle and bone. LEAN's scientifically-proven, evidence-based approach is truly the best way to meet your long term goals of looking better, feeling better, and being better.
So If You Prefer Health-Monitored Long-Term Weight Loss, LEAN Is The Program For You!
• No points to track
• No calorie restrictions
• No prepackaged meals
• No pills, powders, or injections
• No additional costs
DIETS, DIETS, EVERYWHERE…AND STILL THE WEIGHT COMES BACK!
Everywhere you turn, someone is offering you a weight loss program. Some promise big losses in one month. They offer portion control, meal plans, point counting, drugs, and even surgery. Do they work? Sometimes. Then a funny thing often happens—the weight comes back and then some. So you lose muscle, bone, and fat on the way down and get only fat on the way up. Repeat it enough times and your body fat percentage markedly increases, especially the unhealthy white fat cells. (For fuller explanation see below.)
So what’s a person to do who wants to healthily lose weight and actually keep it off?
The answer is not to focus on the weight loss; rather, it is to focus on your lifestyle and approach to life and watch the weight drop naturally as part of the process. Lose weight by simple and practical changes to how you eat and live and it would be reasonable to expect to keep that weight off forever.
So you may be asking, "What is this amazing, one of a kind, program going to cost me?"
If these services, including medical assessments (MD/NP), private consultations with a psychologist (PhD) and a nutritionist/registered dietitian (MS, RD, CDE) , personal training (MA), and health coaching (MA) were paid for separately, you would expect to paty at least $5,500. At programs like Pritikin, Canyon Ranch and Hippocrastes Institute, you typically also have to pay for a hotel room and cram everything you learn into an intensive week or two, and expect to pay thousands more. We incorproate our program around your actual life and work around your busy schedule.
If you have health insurance we accept, we will bill the medical components as medically appropriate to your insurance (subject to your usual insurance coverage rules) and the cost for the entire program will be only $2700. Pay $1300 when you sign up and $700 more after 30 days and 60 days.
If you don't have any insurance coverage, the total cost for this amazing program is $2995–which can be paid in three installments. Pay $1395 when you sign up and and $700 more after 30 days and 60 days.
Financing is available.
*If you are not fully satisfied with the program after 4 weeks, you may request a full refund of your first payment and the program will come to an end. However, your receiving a refund is subject to your having completed all the sessions scheduled during the first four weeks. This policy is provided to encourage and incentivize people to make a real commitment to their health and weight loss goals and to follow the program guidelines for at least the first 4 weeks.* MDPrevent is committed to providing you with an exceptional, life-changing program and we expect a similar commitment from you to achieving your own success.
So what are you weighting for? Call us today at (561) 807-2561 and start your journey to Rediscover the Good Life through LEAN Weight Loss
Weight Gain Simplified Explanation:
Why do most people gain back lost weight plus some after dieting? There is a complicated medical explanation, but we'll give you a simplistic overview. From an evolutionary perspective, when we lose weight fast, it usually means that we are consuming less food because less food is available. Our body is nervous about when it will be properly fed and doesn't like sudden or unexpected changes. As a result of such quick weight loss, our brain increases release of neuro-hormones named Ghrelin and Neuropeptide Y which are appetite stimulants. At the same time, the brain suppresses release of neuro-hormones named Leptin and Cholecystokinin, which are appetite suppressants. The result is that in the face of quick weight loss, we became much hungrier in an attempt to make up for the weight loss and our metabolism slows down to preserve more of what we eat. Also, quick weight loss typically results in lose of bone mass density which leads to osteopenia and osteoporosis. Even when you gain the weight back, a recent study demonstrated that the lost bone density usually does not return.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-27583270-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);